The TURBOCAM Maintenance Electrician II is responsible for upkeep and proper functioning of all facility electrical systems and assists with the diagnosis and repair of our CNC Lathes and CNC Milling machines. The ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems is crucial to day-to-day operations.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Install, maintain and repair all facility electrical systems, machine electrical systems and equipment to NEC standards.
- Comply with NFPA 70E and OSHA standards.
- Perform electrical maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, testing of systems and emergency generators.
- Diagnose, Maintain and repair machinery.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems to the failed component.
- Install, operate and repair controls with knowledge of PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controller).
- Create schematics in electrical power and distribution, lighting, and branch chart wiring.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance with use of testing equipment such as Flir infrared and amp/voltage reading equipment.
- Devise parts list or list of materials for assigned projects.
- Act as a member on the on call team.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Two-year technical degree in electronics, electrical, electro-mechanical technologies or a related field.
- 8+ years’ experience installing, maintaining and repairing electrical equipment and systems to NEC standards.
- Master Electrician License.
- Ability to evaluate and repair machinery.
- Electrical and Mechanical knowledge with demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities.
- Must have knowledge of NFPA 70E & OSHA standards.
- Intermediate level in MS Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel desired. Learn Epicor maintenance software.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds in a safe manner; and request assistance when warranted.
- Must be able to climb in and out of small places; crawl around machinery.
- Must have range of motion sufficient to permit climbing stairs and ladders, walking, standing, stooping and crouching for extended periods while performing duties.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants may apply by going to our Current Openings page, clicking on the title of the position you are interested in, and clicking the apply button. No phone calls, please.
Our Culture at Play:
Here at Turbocam, we have a Commitment to Excellence in everything that we do – whether that’s the engineering and manufacturing of our product, our relationships with customers around the globe, or the investment in those that make Turbocam such an exceptional place to work. We make this commitment to our team by:
- Prioritizing our employee’s health and wellbeing with our two on-site fitness centers, basketball court, squash court, walking trails, and our free fitness classes and wellbeing seminars. Let’s not forget our fully-integrated health and wellness software, designed to engage and drive our team’s wellbeing!
- Our ongoing investment in professional and educational development, including a state-of-the-art Educational Center with on-site dedicated staff, training and development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement programs.
- Carefully-crafting an employee-focused benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, Short and Long-Term Disability, 9 paid holidays, and 11 days of PTO accrual for the first two years
Advancing Our Mission:
The creation of our Mission has led our culture to where we are over thirty years later. Throughout our day, we purchase food in our café and choose which charitable organizations Turbocam will donate those funds to, pumping thousands of dollars per month into the community; our Charity of the Month enables our employees to promote their passion company-wide and highlight an organization in need. And, outside of work, we pay employees to get out and volunteer for up to eight hours per calendar year at an organization of their choice – sometimes as far away as India or Nepal!
All offers of employment are contingent on the satisfactory results of a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, both arranged and paid for by TURBOCAM.